Duration One Day
QFD What is it
QFD helps transform customer needs (the voice of the customer [VOC]) into engineering characteristics (and appropriate test methods) for a product or service, prioritizing each product or service characteristic while simultaneously setting development targets for product or service.
QFD is designed to help planners focus on characteristics of a new or existing product or service from the viewpoints of market segments, company, or technology-development needs. The technique yields charts and matrices.
Quality function deployment (QFD) is a “method to transform user demands into design quality, to deploy the functions forming quality, and to deploy methods for achieving the design quality into subsystems and component parts, and ultimately to specific elements of the manufacturing process.
Who should attend?
· Those involved in the design or specification of products, processes or services
· Managers wishing to understand the benefits of QFD before company implementation
· Team members involved in a support role.
Benefits to Your Business
· Achieving customer focus in product, process or service planning helps to minimise design changes, dramatically increases customer satisfaction and reduces development cycle time.
· Identifying priorities based upon customer requirements enables the most effective use of limited resources.
· Who are our customers?
· Translating Customer Requirements into technical measures
· Gathering Customer Requirements
· Developing the specification
· Customer Competitive Assessment
· Resolving conflicts
· The need for customer focus
· Concept generation and selection
· Basic, Performance and Excitement Features - the Kano Model
· Deploying the "Voice of the Customer" throughout the development process.
· Prioritising Customer Requirements
Delegates Receive a H & M Attendance Certificate
This course material is aligned to the body of knowledge requirements for the ASQ Certified Quality Technician